The DD-L series dendrometers are used for high-precision and continuous measurement of stem diameter changes. These devices are suitable for long-term application in outdoor conditions. Due to their extremely low power consumption, Ecomatik dendrometers are ideal for battery-powered solutions, e.g., in IoT applications.
DD-L dendrometers are specially designed for small- to medium-sized stems and branches (with diameters ranging from 3 to 30 cm; DD-L1W, max. 20 cm diameter). DD-L dendrometers are fixed to the measuring object with two UV-resistant elastic bands. This simple and very stable mounting method fixes the sensor at the desired measuring point without exerting excessive pressure on the trunk surface. DD-L dendrometers are available in four versions:
- DD-L1: with a measuring range of 11 mm for species with slow and average growth rates.
- DD-L2: larger measuring range of 25 mm for fast-growing species.
- DD-L3: larger measuring range of 50 mm for very fast-growing species.DD-L1W (previously DDW): hermetically sealed to withstand extreme environmental conditions, e.g. high humidity, underwater, below snow cover, near the ground surface, elevated exposure to dust or corrosive agents (e.g. coastal sands, volcanic ash), etc. The DD-L1W is (suitable for trunk diameters between 3 and 20 cm)
- Suitable for small to medium stems and branches with diameters between 3 and 30 cm (DD-L1W, 3 – 20 cm)
- Lightweight sensor
- Injury-free installation, minimal pressure on the plant
- Maximum stability against wind, snow, falling branches and fruit
- Diameter-specific frame size available for diameters ranging from 3 – 30 cm
Specific to the DD-L2 & DD-L3 models
Extended measuring range; reduced maintenance effort (i.e. longer time interval between readjustment of the dendrometer frame) for fast-growing species
Specific to the DD-L1W model
Hermetically sealed to withstand extreme environmental conditions: e.g. high humidity, underwater, below snow cover, near the ground surface, elevated exposure to dust or corrosive agents (e.g. coastal sands and salt, volcanic ash), etc.
|Models||Suitable fordiameter||Measurement range|
||3 - 30 cm
||3 - 30 cm
||3 - 20 cm
|DD-L1W (hermetically sealed)
||3 - 20 cm