The DF series dendrometers are used for high-precision and continuous measurement of fruit and vegetable growth. These devices are suitable for long-term application in outdoor conditions. Due to their extremely low power consumption, Ecomatik dendrometers are ideal for battery-powered solutions, e.g., in IoT applications.
DF fruit and vegetable dendrometers are specially designed to measureme on fruit bodies of different sizes and shapes. This design allows for stable fixation of the fruit in the dendrometer frame without affecting fruit growth. Depending on the model and conditions of installation, the dendrometer frame can be flexibly attached to the branch/shoot from which a fruit hangs. This installation prevents any straining on the branch/shoot, thus avoiding damage to the fruit being measured.
The DF series comprises four different models:
The models DF1, DF2 and DF3 come with a fixed frame in which the fruit is measured. Fruit growth is directly measured without mechanical magnification of the respective measuring range (15, 25 and 50 mm). The fruit growth data collected by these models are precise to the nearest micrometer and are therefore particularly suitable for scientific applications in which even the finest growth responses are of interest.
The DF4 model, on the other hand, comes with a completely different measuring and installation method. Instead of being fixed in a frame, the fruit is clamped in a movable claw. The advantages of this movable claw include quick, easy installation and a notable mechanically magnified measuring range of up to 130 mm. This range is suitable for many types of fruit and thus allows maintenance-free, absolute measurement of a fruit throughout the growth and ripening process.
- DF1: with a measuring range of 11 mm for small fruits (e.g. cherries, grapes).
- DF2: larger measuring range of 25 mm for medium-sized and fast-growing fruits (e.g. plums, nuts, tangerines, apricots)
- DF3: larger measuring range of 50 mm for large and fast-growing fruits (e.g. apple, orange, pumpkin with a large frame)
- DF4, easy installation and maintenance-free measurement through a claw mechanism, large measuring range of 130 mm for large and fast-growing fruits (e.g. apple, orange, peach, tomato, ...)
- Suitable for diameters between 0 and 5 cm (DF1) or 0 and 13 cm (DF2, DF3, larger diameters for DF3 on request)
- No extra weight load on the fruit
- Records when ripening occurs in the case of soft fruit and vegetable varieties
- Injury-free installation
- Minimal pressure on the measuring point
- Maximum stability against wind, snow, falling branches and fruit
- Reliable measurement values
Specific to the DF1, DF2 & DF3 models
- Direct micrometer-precise measurement of fruit growth, without mechanical magnification of the respective measuring range (15, 25 and 50 mm).
- DF2 and DF3 with extended measuring range; reduced maintenance effort (i.e. longer time interval between readjustment of the dendrometer frame) for fast-growing species
Specific to the DF3 model
- Accomodates larger diameters up to 100 cm (e.g. pumpkin) on request
Specific to the DF4 model
- Mechanically greatly magnified measuring range of up to 130 mm, maintenance-free (no readjustment necessary) measurement of the absolute fruit diameter throughout the fruit formation process.
Suitable for diameter
||< 5 cm
||0 to 13 cm
||0 to 13 cm
(> 13 on demand)
||1 to 13 cm