Leaf-to-Air-Temperature sensors (LAT) are used for direct, continuous and high-precision temperature measurements. The measured temperature parameters include absolute temperatures of the leaf surface, leaf-surrounding ambient air (Tair), and the temperature difference between leaf surface and ambient air (ΔTleaf-to-air). These devices are suitable for long-term application in outdoor conditions. Due to their extremely low power consumption, Ecomatik LAT sensors are ideal for battery-powered solutions, e.g., in IoT applications.
LAT-B3: Leaf-to-Air Temperature Broadleaf Type
With it's ultra-light-weight magnetic clamp mechanism the LAT-B3’s is mounted on a leaf where it uses two high-precision micro-thermistor probes to simultaneously measures absolute leaf temperature (Tleaf) and air temperature (Tair). In every individual sensor the two thermistor probes are factory-matched, ensuring maximum precision when determining the difference between leaf and air temperature (ΔTleaf-to-air).
- Direct, continuous and highly accurate measurement of blade temperature (Tleaf), air temperature (Tair), and leaf-air temperature difference (ΔTleaf-to-air)
- Small, lightweight and flexible sensors to minimize loading on and damage to the measurement object
- Easy installation
- Maximum stability against wind and rain; specifically designed for field conditions
- Customizable production possible, e.g. for specific leaf/needle size
- Extremely low power consumption, suitable for IoT application
- Sensor signal in mV, measurable with most common data loggers