BM-T+ is a easily transportable respirometer, specially developed for practical and efficient biological wastewater treatment management and research
Compact analyzer, with very low maintenance and user friendly operation
- Direct oxygen measurements from a maintenance-free oxygen sensor
- No oxygenation restriction during test performance
- Full control and results by means a powerful software already loaded in the PC of the system
- Automatic software update versions from internet
- Capacity for test conditions setting and modify them throughout the test performance.
- Automatic measurements: OUR, SOUR, bCOD, rbCOD, sbCOD, U (COD utilization rate) and q(specific U)
- Last, minimum, maximum and moving average results throughout any moment of the test
- Several results at any time during the test and possibility to see them simultaneously on tabularor graphic modes
- Option to open several stored tests and compare their results
- Automatic temperature control by means an external peltier-heating device.
- Package of measurements at any moment during test performance
- Capacity for different respirograms and simultaneous overlying
- BM respirometers measure data that can be directly input into modeling – simulating software
- Option for a special reactor assembly for moving beds bio-films (MBBR)
- Optional suitcases for easy transportation
Oxygen requirement and energy optimization
Actual oxygen requirement for any specific process.
Optimal and minimum DO level in the aeration tank, without any detriment of the process efficiency.
Bioaugmentation control and tracking
By means the regular respiration rate measurement we can asses the result of the augmentation effect, to know if it is necessary to increase the dose of biomass and when it has reached its maximum effect.
Automatic calculation of the COD biodegradable fraction (bCOD) or COD readily biodegradable (rbCOD)
The software has the option to automatically estimate the BOD5 when the system is calibrated with three BOD standards and their corresponding consumed oxygen parameters (CO) measured in the respirometer.
Influence of the temperature, pH and oxygen and other conditions on the activated sludge process Thanks to the capacity to set and modify the test conditions, we can analyze the influence of any of them (or any combination) in the biomass activity and figure out break-points, optimum and minimum working levels.
Operative parameter optimization
Loading rate (F/M), Sludge age (SRT) y Returned sludge rate (RR).
Nitrification rate (AUR), optimal DO range for nitrification, Necessary hydraulic time for ammonium-nitrogen removal, Nitrification capacity, minimum sludge age for nitrification (SRTN)
Starting from the actual value of rbCOD, it is possible to determine the actual nitrate concentration that the process is capable to remove.
Starting from the specific respiration rate of the anoxic biomass, it is possible to estimate the corresponding denitrification rate (NUR)
Toxicity referred to one specific biomass
Fast screening qualitative test and by means of comparison of the actual respiration rates of one mixed-liquor prepared with the sample and another from one standard compound as reference.
Nutrients ratio calculation based on rbCOD / N / P.
For heterotrophic and autotrophic biomass.
Aeration cycle control in SBR systems.
Biomass carrier (MBBR)
By making use of a special reactor we can calculate the total number of carriers per volume unit, Amount of oxygen needs to maintain the biomass carriers under optimal condition, COD and Ammonium removal capacity, and rest of same applications we can do in a normal activated sludge process
Support for simulation programs
Such as GPS-X, BioWin, …
BM-T+ respirometer is an open system and, as such, supports all kinds of combinations to step into an endless number of applications.