BM-Respirometer specially developed for practical and efficient biological wastewater treatment management, design and research
- Compact analyzer, with very low maintenance and user friendly operation
- Direct oxygen measurements from a maintenance-free oxygen sensor
- No oxygenation restriction during test performance
- Full control and results by means a powerful software already loaded in the PC of the system
- Automatic software update versions from internet
- Capacity for test conditions setting and modify them throughout the test performance.
- Automatic measurements: OUR, SOUR, bCOD, rbCOD, sbCOD, U (COD utilization rate) and q(specific U)
- Last, minimum, maximum and moving average results throughout any moment of the test
- Several results at any time during the test and option to see them simultaneously on tabular orgraphic modes
- Option to open several stored tests and compare their results
- Automatic temperature control integrated in the own console
- pH monitoring and automatic control system
- Package of measurements at any moment during test performance
- Capacity for different respirograms and simultaneous overlying
- BM respirometers measure data that can be directly input into modeling – simulating software
- Option for a special reactor assembly for moving beds bio-films (MBBR)
Oxygen requirement and energy optimization
Actual oxygen requirement for any specific process.
Optimal and minimum DO level in the aeration tank, without any detriment of the process efficiency.
Bioaugmentation control and tracking
By means the regular respiration rate measurement we can assess the result of the augmentation effect, to know if it is necessary to increase the dose of biomass and when it has reached its maximum effect.
Automatic calculation of the COD biodegradable fraction (bCOD) or COD readily biodegradable (rbCOD)
Many times the COD fractions can be determined by a single R test
Influence of the temperature, pH and oxygen and other conditions
Thanks to the capacity to set and modify the test conditions, we can analyze the influence of any of them (or any combination) in the biomass activity and figure out break-points, optimum and minimum working levels.
Operative parameter optimization
Loading rate (F/M), Sludge age (SRT) y Returned sludge rate (RR).
Nitrification rate (AUR), Specific nitrification rate (SAUR, qN), optimal DO range for nitrification, Necessary hydraulic time for ammonium-nitrogen removal, Nitrification capacity, minimum sludge age for nitrification (SRTN)
Starting from the actual value of rbCOD, it is possible to determine the actual nitrate concentration that the process is capable to remove.
Starting from the specific respiration rate of the anoxic biomass, it is possible to estimate the corresponding denitrification rate (NUR)
Toxicity to any specific biomass by different procedures to be applied depending of the case..
For heterotrophic and autotrophic biomass.
Aeration cycle control in SBR systems.
Biomass carrier (MBBR)
Same applications as normal reactor + Amount of oxygen needs to maintain the biomass carriers under optimal conditions.
Support for simulation programs
Such as GPS-X, BioWin, …
BM respirometers are open systems and, as such, support all kinds of combinations to step into an endless number of applications.