BM-EVO is a respirometer specially developed for practical and efficient biological wastewater treatment management, design and research
- Compact analyzer, with very low maintenance and user friendly operation
- Direct oxygen measurements from a maintenance-free oxygen sensor
- No oxygenation restriction during test performance
- Full control and results by means a powerful software already loaded in the PC of the system
- Automatic software update versions from internet
- Capacity for test conditions setting and modify them throughout the test performance.
- Automatic measurements: OUR, SOUR, bCOD, rbCOD, sbCOD, U (COD utilization rate) and q(specific U)
- Last, minimum, maximum and moving average results throughout any moment of the test
- Several results at any time during the test and option to see them simultaneously on tabular orgraphic modes
- Option to open several stored tests and compare their results
- Automatic temperature control integrated in the own console.
- Package of measurements at any moment during test performance
- Capacity for different respirograms and simultaneous overlying
- BM respirometers measure data that can be directly input into modeling – simulating software
- Option for a special reactor assembly for moving beds bio-films (MBBR)
Oxygen requirement and energy optimization
Actual oxygen requirement (AOR) can be determined for any specific process.
Optimal and minimum DO level in the aeration tank, without any detriment of the process efficiency.
Bioaugmentation control and tracking
By means the regular respiration rate measurement we can asses the result of the augmentation effect, to know if it is necessary to increase the dose of biomass and when it has reached its maximum effect.
Automatic calculation of the COD biodegradable fraction (bCOD) or COD readily biodegradable (rbCOD)
The software has the option to automatically estimate the BOD5 when the system is calibrated with three BOD standards and their corresponding consumed oxygen parameters (CO) measured in the respirometer.
Influence of the temperature, pH and oxygen and other conditions
Thanks to the capacity to set and modify the test conditions, we can analyze the influence of any of them (or any combination) in the biomass activity and figure out break-points, optimum and minimum working levels.
Operative parameter optimization
Loading rate (F/M), Sludge age (SRT) y Returned sludge rate (RR)
Nitrification rate (AUR), Specific nitrification rate (SAUR, qN), optimal DO range for nitrification, Necessary hydraulic time for ammonium-nitrogen removal, Nitrification capacity, minimum sludge age for nitrification (SRTN) Denitrification
Calculation of the rbCOD that is actually needed for the denitrification process.
NUR estimation can be calculated from the consumed oxygen uptake rate of the corresponding rbCOD.
In model BM-Advance Pro, together with the pH, we can analyze the ORP evolution during denitrification.
Toxicity referred to one specific biomass
Fast screening qualitative test and by means of comparison of the actual respiration rates of one mixed-liquor prepared with the sample and another from one standard compound as reference.
Kinetic parameters calculation for heterotrophic and autotrophic biomass.
Support for simulation programs
Such as GPS-X, BioWin, …
BM respirometers are open systems and, as such, support all kinds of combinations to step into an endless number of applications.
Option for biomass carriers
BM-respirometers can be easily adapted to biomass carriers, and run any respirometry test by means the simple installation of a special reactor provided with a special cage vessel where the carriers are contained.