BM-EVO2 is a two reactors respirometer specially developed for practical and efficient biological wastewater treatment management, design and research
- Compact analyzer, with very low maintenance and user friendly operation
- Specially designed for two tempered reactors which can run simultaneously controlled by twosoftwar (one per reactor) loaded in the PC.
- Direct oxygen measurements from a maintenance-free oxygen sensors
- No oxygenation restriction during test performance
- Full control and results by means a powerful double software already loaded in the PC
- Automatic software update versions from internet
- Capacity for test conditions and indistinctly setting and modify them throughout the testperformance for each of the reactors.
- Automatic measurements: OUR, SOUR, bCOD, rbCOD, sbCOD, U (COD utilization rate) and q(specific U) from the current running tests in the reactors.
- Last, minimum, maximum and moving average results throughout any moment of the test
- Several results at any time during the test and option to see them simultaneously on tabular orgraphic modes.
- Capacity for Excel exportation
- Option to open several running and stored tests to be overlaid and compared
- Automatic temperature control integrated in the own analyzer
- Package of measurements at any moment during test performance
- Option for a special reactor assembly for moving beds bio-films (MBBR)
Oxygen requirement and energy optimization
Actual oxygen requirement for any specific process.
Optimal and minimum DO level in the aeration tank, without any detriment of the process efficiency.
Bioaugmentation control and tracking
By means the regular respiration rate measurement we can asses the result of the augmentation effect, to know if it is necessary to increase the dose of biomass and when it has reached its maximum effect.
Simultaneous COD fractions
Automatic calculation of the COD biodegradable fraction (bCOD) and COD readily biodegradable (rbCOD)
Influence of the temperature, oxygen and other conditions on the activated sludge process
Thanks to the capacity to set and modify the test conditions, we can analyze the influence of any of them (or any combination) in the biomass activity and figure out break-points, optimum and minimum working levels.
Operative parameter optimization
Loading rate (F/M), Sludge age (SRT) y Returned sludge rate (RR).
Nitrification rate (AUR), optimal DO range for nitrification, Necessary hydraulic time for ammonium-nitrogen removal, Nitrification capacity, minimum sludge age for nitrification (SRTN)
Starting from the actual value of rbCOD, it is possible to determine the actual nitrate concentration that the process is capable to remove.
Starting from the specific respiration rate of the anoxic biomass, it is possible to estimate the corresponding denitrification rate (NUR)
Toxicity referred to one specific biomass
Qualitative test by means of a simultaneous comparison of the actual respiration rates of mixed-liquor prepared with the sample (in one reactor) and another one from standard compound as reference (in the other reactor).
For heterotrophic and autotrophic biomass.
Aeration cycle control in SBR systems.
Biomass carrier (MBBR)
By making use of a special reactor we can calculate the total number of carriers per volume unit, Amount of oxygen needs to maintain the biomass carriers under optimal condition, COD and Ammonium removal capacity, and rest of same applications we can do in a normal activated sludge process
Support for simulation programs
Such as GPS-X, BioWin, …
BM-EVO2 respirometer is an open double system and, as such, supports all kind of combinations to step into an endless number of applications.