This model 8.0 entry-level integrated UVC radiometer consists of a silicone-photodiode UV sensor which is hermetically sealed in a case. Its interference filter blocks UV beyond 280nm as shown by the spectral sensitivity spectrum.
In order to use this device, simply place the UV sensor at the top of the radiometer directly on the UV source, press and hold the button on the front cover of the radiometer. In order to achieve the best possible results, take note of the distance between the UV source at which the light is being emitted, in order to have repeatable results later.
This device is powered by a 9 Volt battery with an average life of 2 years. (If the battery does not have the necessary voltage, the LCD light will begin to blink.
Precautions for use:
- For measurement on UVC sources, wear protection on the face, eyes, and hands or any other area of the body which may be exposed.
- Allow the lamps to warm up for at least 5 minutes before starting the measurement.
- For individual light intensity measurement, keep the radiometer close to UV or LED lamps.
- For effective light intensity measurement, keep the radiometer at a working distance from the light source.
- When controlling the aging lamps, keep the distances and locations constant.
- The lamps must be changed when their UV value becomes <70% of the initial value.
- Do not subject the radiometer to extreme values in temperature, humidity, or to shocks or dust.
- Use a soft cloth to clean the radiometer.